Saturday 29 June 2013

Peter Jackson and Ian McKellen Say Goodbye to Gandalf

The Lord of the Rings is one of the greatest fantasy series ever made. (There are others, of course, but I won't go into those now.) J. R. R. Tolkien created a fantastical world that captured so many hearts and imaginations, and Peter Jackson brought that world to life. Then, nine years later, he brought The Hobbit to life as well.

On Friday, Jackson posted a picture of himself and a bearded, scratched-up, grey-robed Sir Ian McKellen. The caption read, "Seconds ago we finished our last shot with Gandalf. The end of an incredible adventure that began in 1999. I'm feeling very sad right now."

Don't worry, Peter. We're feeling very sad as well. We fell in love with Gandalf from the moment he rode into the Shire with a wagon full of fireworks, and we have loved him ever since, not just because he is a wonderful character, but because McKellen plays him with a conviction that never fails to draw us in.

follow @takeastepent

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is magnificent, as well as the content!



my page :: i heart mom charm bracelets

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahhoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem
to get there! Thanks

Also visit my homepage :: Shannon Pierce

Unknown said...

Imagine when I found this comment! 3 years after. So sorry for the late response. I have not the faintest idea how my blog appeared on yahoo news. In fact, I got so tired with not getting the desired results and stopped blogging for a long time now. If you still want, we can both find answers to your question. Joe