Saturday 2 November 2013

'I never dreamed I'd be marrying a man' : WWII Vet and Vietnam hero marry after 20 years

A World War II veteran married his boyfriend of 20 years in a historic ceremony at the Veterans Home of Chula Vista in California.
John Banvard, 95, and 67-year-old Gerard Nadeau, who served in Vietnam, said they wanted to have their ceremony among friends, so they chose to have it at the Veteran’s Home, where they’ve lived for the last three years.
'I never thought I’ll be marrying a man,' Banvard told ABC News. 'It was something we were happy we could do.'
Gay, homosexuality, Lesbianism, Freedom, Opinion
'It was historic for us. One of the best parts of the ceremony was when he said, If you came to see the bride, you’re out of luck,' said Mr Nadeau.
Age difference hardly seems an issue for the couple.
Many of the couple’s friends who live at the veteran’s home attended the small and simple ceremony.
'The world is changing, we have to go along with it,' said one guest.
The couple met in California during a brief visit to California by Banvard. 'I went to Los Angeles to a good friend’s funeral and a few days later I was in San Diego and that’s where I met Gerard,' her said. follow@TakeastepEnt
Read More

No comments: